From national touring companies and world-renowned entertainers to local productions and grassroots performers, Cain Center for the Arts is bringing all the benefits, beauty, and joy of the arts together, right here in the heart of the Lake Norman region.
Come join us.
As the four-county Lake Norman region continues to grow, the need for access to the arts grows too. As the region’s only public arts and community center, Cain Center for the Arts will offer performance, education, gallery, and community spaces designed to be beautiful, flexible, and close to home for the more than 300,000 residents of the Lake Norman region.
At Cain Center for the Arts, we’re constructing much more than just a building. We’re creating a stronger community through the power of the arts.
Our vision is simple: we want to empower children and adults alike to create, experience, and enjoy the arts, right here in the heart of the region where they live, work, and play.
Our conceptual plans include:
- 400-seat Theater with Balcony
- Gallery Space
- Event Spaces
- 3 Classrooms
- Community Green Space
- Outdoor Plaza
- Parking and Pedestrian Access
May 14, 2021
Aug. 2018 – Present
- Lead gift of $5,000,000 secured
- Silent phase of campaign in progress, with more than $15 million pledged or contributed to date
may 2017 – July 2018
- Executive Director Hired
- C Design and New York-based Holzman Moss Bottino Architecture engaged; pre-design completed
- Market study completed
- Fundraising campaign plans in progress
- Education strategy and plans in progress
Nov. 2015 – Jan. 2017(Town Strategic Working Group)
- Strategy and program plan established
- 501(c)3 created
- Site purchased
- Town Center Bond Referendum
You can be part of this extraordinary initiative to bring the arts to life right here, right now. Make your secure pledge below or contact us to learn more about how you can contribute to Cain Center for the Arts.
Inspiration. Community. Education. Entertainment.
Together, we’re building something extraordinary.
Come join us.